Catching up on April Happenings - US Citizenship!  

Posted by Dana Lynn Thompson


On April 10th, I was granted my US citizenship! I had to drive an hour and a half from Rome to east of Atlanta to take my interview and history/US government test. The test questions were quite easy and the sentence I had to write in English was "They go to the grocery store"...a toughie for sure, but I managed to muddle through! LOL! Then the interviewer surprised me by saying "I've approved your application. Would you like to be in the 10:30am ceremony?" I was totally taken off guard because my dad had to go back for his swearing in ceremony at another time, but I accepted because I didn't want to miss any more work or have to drive all the way back out there again.

So I was kind of disappointed because Scott wasn't there celebrate with me or to take my photo when I got my certificate and they shook my hand. But when I arrived back at my office, my co-workers had decorated my office up like the 4th of July, and being scrapbookers too, they took some photos of me with my certificate, my American flags and USA cake!

This entry was posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 at Monday, April 30, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment