Be happy even when your head is dented...  

Posted by Dana Lynn Thompson






Ok, so my boss Dawn says I better not get hit on the head on the other side because then we'd have to tell people we had my horns removed! LOL! The wound on my head is now fully healed and although dented and slightly scarred, it's actually looking better than I thought it might. I also think the scar will lighten as a bit more time goes by. And I can always get bangs.

So, despite the fact my head is now dented, I've been having a wonderful weekend. We are now getting off at noon on Fridays so Dawn and Tracy came over in the afternoon and we made greeting cards. I made some cute cards for all those who donated to our March of Dimes Walk...thank you to all those who donated. You know who you are and it was so much appreciated for this great cause. It feels like a three day weekend now every weekend until August 10th. Love my job!!

My friend Karli, who was MC'ing the walk on Saturday for the radio station (she's a dj) stayed overnight and we went down to Cartersville and listened to Scott play at Beef O'Brady's. It was cold and windy, but we survived and of course the music was great!

Saturday morning we did the walk...gorgeous weather, gorgeous setting at Berry College and we surpassed our goal for the county of $81,000 and had our best year yet! Very exciting! The walk was over fairly early so we took a trip over to Bo Ballard's to have my new chinks fitted. Yep, that's right...Scott surprised me on Thursday with a beautiful new pair of chinks for our anniversary. They are so pretty and so "me" with heart conchos, floral tooling and my initial in a heart on the yoke. I love them! I can't wait to wear them out west on our trip. They are perfect!

Last night we went to Karen and Kevin's annual block party where Scott, Keith and Alan played for us. Very fun and we got home way past our bedtime. So today I am vegging on the couch, uploading photos to Kodak Gallery.com and watching movies. Scott is playing a wedding at Barnsley from 2-4pm then doing an hour set at a fundraiser for a friend at 6pm.

Talk to you soon!

Dana

This entry was posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 at Sunday, May 20, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

great entry. i couldn't see the dent to be honest.:)
hope you are feeling better and maybe the dent will just disappear sooner. :D

9:28 AM

Post a Comment