It REALLY is an honor to be nominated  

Posted by Dana Lynn Thompson

Ok, so I always used to think that was just what the stars said to cover up the fact that they were really PO'd that they didn't win an award at the Oscars or Grammys. However, last night, at the Shorter College Faculty/Staff Appreciation Dinner I experienced that honor myself and I can honestly say with all sincerity, that the above statement does ring true. I was nominated for Staff Member of the Year!! This year they decided to read the nominees so that all of us could be recognized, even those who didn't win. And although I didn't win, I do have to say it was an honor to be nominated. To know that someone felt I'd done such an outstanding job since starting last June, that they nominated me for the award. It was a really great feeling.

This combined with the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) award of excellence our alumni eNewsletter (which I redesigned last year when I started at Shorter and put together along with my co-workers Tracy, Dawn and Chip) won in February, it's been a very good year!! Our eNewsletter was one of three winners in the Electronic Communications category and we were in the company of two much larger schools, the University of Miami and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The University of Miami even gave the presentation on how to create an effective eNewsletter at the conference last year. We were all so proud!

This entry was posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 at Friday, May 04, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

congratulations on the nomination! :)

9:07 AM

Post a Comment