Singing Wachovia's praises  

Posted by Dana Lynn Thompson

I've never really had cause to actually praise a bank before. In fact, I've always found banks to be kind of a pain the butt. However, I have to say that Wachovia has gone above and beyond for me this week with very little effort or coaxing on my part.

On Wednesday in the late afternoon I got online to check our account as I wanted to buy shavings for the horses' stalls on the way home and I needed to make sure I had enough money in the account. I knew Tractor Supply only took Visa so I was planning on using my debit card as I do for most purchases. I clicked on the link to view my check card holds and found that there were 3 fraudulent charges totalling over $850!!

I immediately called Wachovia customer service to report the activity and got ready for the battle. However, they were GREAT!! The rep was really nice, he immediately canceled my card and my money was back in my account the next morning preventing several other payments from bouncing. A new card is on its way now and all I have to do is sign an affidavit and return it by mail. If you have access to your account online I'd highly recommend checking every day just to make sure things are correct. If I hadn't caught this as quickly as I did I would have had several bill payments bounce. Three cheers for Wachovia...maybe good customer service in America isn't dead?

This entry was posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 at Friday, May 04, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment